Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

NTF - Message Board

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Any experencies with "simple" AOI system from Top side .?....  (Read 32920 times)
FBH

View Profile
« on: 03.09.2008, 09:31:24 »

Has anybody good experencies with this, especially finding missing / mismounted hand-inserted components or mechanical parts. Possible with homemade USB-Cameras, but preferable "turn-key" solutions. Mostly AOI vendors are focussing on either AOI after SMT-Reflow or bottom side AOI after wawesoldereing! Huh
fj1200

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 10.09.2008, 19:11:59 »

We have developed and offer such a system for automated visual inspection. Have a look at

www.platiscan.de

and

www.platiscan.com

Please feel free to contact us for further information.

Best regards
Thomas Pichler
platiscan(at)platiscan(dot)de
Mick Austin
NTF Committee

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12.09.2008, 14:14:30 »

I know of some companies that can provide turn key solutions for these purposes. National Instruments have a number of these type of camera solutions that can be adapted for use in checking if components are correctly mounted or present. Many of their partners can provide a turn key solution for this. I guess it depends where you are located which partner it is.
Also I know that the company from Finland called Orbis can provide these type of turn key solutions.

If you do something on this then I hope you can come and present the solution at the Test Forum some time in the future.
wallu

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 31.10.2008, 10:13:17 »

It is not so complicated, not simple either, thing to build it by yourself. Of cource it depends on what kind of accurace requirements you have etc.. In the past I have used Cognex insight with simple ring light + some additional lights when needed. Depending on your needs, if it is manual or in-line solution, things get more complicated.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: